The Great Gatchina Palace (Russian: Большой Гатчинский дворец) was built in 1766--1781 in Gatchina town (Russia) by Antonio Rinaldi for Count Grigori Grigoryevich Orlov who was a favourite of Ekaterina II. The Gatchina Palace is located on the hill above Lake Serebryannoe. It combines themes of a medieval castle and a country residence. Palace interiors are exemplary of Russian classicism at the turn of XVIII—XIX centuries. The Gatchina Palace was one of the favourite residences of the Imperial family.